Monday, June 4, 2012

Review: Dancing Naked in Dixie by Lauren Clark


Julia is a travel writer for a MAJOR magazine.  She continent hops constantly and  won many awards for her articles.  With the perfect job the perfect boyfriend who could ask for more?

Enter a new boss, David sends her to Eufaula, AL to cover their winter Pilgrimage and if the story isn't written well Julia will be fired!  She said she'd rather "Dance Naked" for her next assignment than go to Alabama!  Off she goes to a tiny town with a crazy history.  Will the Historical Town and the residents touch her heart or will she research her story in a day and head home?

How Distracted Did I Get?
Julia is a strong female lead who is as clutzy as I am and can steal a readers heart from the start.  She has to face her issues and move past so she can be happy and not live her dazed life she's been in for 2 years after her mother's death.

There is of course a handsome southerner in the mix who will make you swoon!  I wonder who Lauren would have play Shug (he and his sister are named after coaches LOL)?

Dancing Naked in Dixie (Naked should be pronounced nekkid by the way. My managers mom lives in Alabama and evidently I don't say it southern enough!  LMBO)  is a well written thoroughly enjoyable story.  There's the "chick lit" with a little mystery mixed in!  If you want a fun read this is for you.  Hence, my less formal review than normal this is just a good down home southern review from a southern chick!  As soon as I saw the name of the book, Dancing Naked in Dixie, I knew I had to read it.

I gave this book 5 baskets



5 comments:

  1. Tobi - You made my day! And yes, the 'nekked' is definitely the way they say it in the Deep South (at least in Alabama).

    Many, Many Thanks for the lovely review! So glad you liked Dancing Naked in Dixie!

    All the best, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!!! I'm going to have to work harder! LOL My Jersey cousins tease me but I guess I need to go further south!

      Delete
  2. So glad I finally found my way over to your blog. I love the 'baskets'! Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy doing reviews and getting to know everyone! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
    2. Love the baskets, too! Thank you for coming by Tobi's blog :) Lauren

      Delete