Friday, September 5, 2014

Sweet Reads Friday/Tethered - Brandi Leigh Hall

Happy Sweet Reads Friday!
A new meme that I'm starting!
I hope you enjoy!
Today I'm featuring my review for TETHERED by +Brandi Leigh Hall 


Kindle
Nook
Smashwords
Goodreads
YA/NA Paranormal/Fantasy Romance
A "Sweet" Upper Young Adult / New Adult Paranormal Romance, perfect for fans of CHARMED, THE SECRET CIRCLE, and WITCHES OF EAST END.

No matter how you try to fight it—destiny has a mind of its own!

Since foreseeing the imminent death of her parents six years earlier, Chloe has lived a simple, not-so-charmed-life away from her remaining Wiccan family.

Zero magic.

No close friendships.

While struggling to bench-press more guilt than any nineteen-year-old ever should.
But fate intervenes and forces Chloe to return home. As if being an in-the-closet-Seer wasn’t bad enough, now she has to spend summer break with the snarky sister who hates her—and the magical birthright she was hell-bent on denying for all eternity.

Luckily, meeting Mr. Perfect takes the edge off her endless family drama. Hunter’s twenty-five, sometimes old-fashioned in a Jane Austen hero sort of way, and more delicious than molten-lava cake. But the more she tries to hide her family’s magical secrets from this ever-present stranger, the more quickly she realizes he’s hiding a few doozies of his own. 

Will the lies and betrayal destroy their relationship before it really begins? Or will learning of their tethered future create an unbreakable bond neither can deny? Either way, their hearts will be forever entwined by destiny.
CONTENT RATING:(PG)
No sex or violence, sweet kissing, minimal swearing


It’s impossible to comprehend just how fragile life is, until it slips away before your eyes. And when you’re powerless to stop it, you feel more helpless than you ever thought possible.
In my vision, I watched the most amazing man I’ve ever known take his last breath. His sun-kissed skin, pale as the blood drained from his lifeless body. And as I held him in my arms, he disappeared from my life forever.
I swear I could feel his spirit leave his body behind as it drifted away towards the heavens.
My family stood around me, unable to move me from the cold, marble floor and pool of blood, which clung to my black dress like glue.
Flashes of our time together forced their way into the forefront of my mind, causing my senses to reel at the memory.
The sound of his velvety, smooth voice.
The feel of his corded arms wrapped around me.
The smell of his crisp, clean cologne.
The sweet taste of his lips pressed against mine.
But seeing his molten eyes close for the very last time, threatened to stop my heart more than anything.
To realize you’re completely in love—the exact same instant you know you’ll never see him again—is about the most excruciating pain I’ve ever felt. Almost as much as the vision of my parents dying, when my father purposely drove them off a cliff.
How do you come back from something so traumatizing?
In my vision, I would have done anything in the world to bring Hunter back. Anything!
Fortunately, raising the dead isn’t part of my gift to heal. Which is a good thing, especially since they claim the person doesn’t come back the same as they were. They’re dark. Evil.
But if faced with that choice, I have no doubt I’d still try. Any Hunter, is better than no Hunter, right?
I have to believe the vision of his death came to me so I can find a way to prevent it. It’s the only thing that makes sense.
Seeing him die changed me. Like it rewired something in my core.

And if it’s the last thing I do, I will find a way to keep my vision from becoming a reality.



First thoughts after
Wow!  I can't wait for Tempted!!!!

How distracted did I get?
Tethered is a captivating sweet paranormal romance that is a refreshing read.  Chloe is a down to earth girl who from the get go had me sucked in to her drama filled world.   Her relationship with her siblings is totally fascinating.  I loved that each family member has a different gift and how different they are.  As for the Hottie McTotties, there are more than enough in this book. Her brother Dru, cousins Aiden and Ash and we can't forget her love interest Hunter…lè sigh…  He's a hunka hunka fireman that will spike your temp!  He's a gentleman, sweet and a living Adonis!  I love reading books that I don't have to worry about recommending for my friends kids or my family.  This is definitely a wonderful Sweet Paranormal romance that I would highly recommend!

I give Tempted…


5 Baskets!




 Brandi Leigh Hall is a YA and NA author, whose stories lean towards the sweeter side of romance. Her novels combine magical elements with real-life issues, strong female characters, semi-old-fashioned men, and family values, woven together and told from an organic, first-person perspective.

Growing up in a haunted house inspired Brandi's fascination with the paranormal, so it only made sense she'd write Urban Fantasy for both teens and adults.

Brandi lives in central Pennsylvania with her fur-ball cats (Onyx and Klepto), where she spends most of her time attached to her laptops, reading books, appeasing her sweet tooth, and watching TV for motivation.

AUTHOR LINKS


Email: BrandiHallAuthor@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment