Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - JK Rowling, Jack Thorne, & John Tiffany


Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.



First let me say, this is written as a play, and two others help JK Rowling write the play.  Also, there are some holes in the plot (from my opinion) but not enough to make me upset with the story.  
I don't want to give too much away but here's what I have to say.  I love seeing the dynamic three in the future and discovering how their lives have turned out. There were many surprising twists and turns in the story that kept me on the edge of my seat. The return of Professor McGonagall was delightful.  Though I wish I'd seen Neville and Luna.  Ron still cracks me up and keeps the story light when it needs a touch.  I cried quite a bit throughout the play and would do it all again as soon as possible.  If you're a Harry Potter fan I believe you will enjoy it just go in knowing my first advisories.  



2 comments:

  1. And now I have to go by it before my beach trip.. LOL Thank you Tobi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I have to go by it before my beach trip.. LOL Thank you Tobi!

    ReplyDelete