Friday, August 29, 2014

Promo: Away - B.A. Wolfe

Kindle
Nook
My Review
What good is running AWAY when you only end up lost? 

Cassandra Pierce had her whole "perfect" life planned out by her parents. One night of pure weakness and lust has her running away from it all and seeking refuge in Alamosa with her best friend. But it seems life has other plans for her when she finds herself lost in the small town of Keaton. 

Jason Bradley is a charming country guy. He lives a simple life that’s nothing like what Cassandra is used to. A single moment in life changed everything he thought he once knew, leaving him with a broken heart and an unplanned future. 

What happens in Keaton is nothing Cassandra or her heart could have ever prepared for. The instant connection she shares with Jason is no secret, but what they're keeping hidden from one another is. Will these two be able to find a way to trust each other or will their secrets tear them apart?





“Where are you at? I’m coming to get you,” she stated.

I looked around the room I was in. It was a luxury hotel compared to the motel I stayed in last night. The Cassandra I used to be would have NEVER in a million years stayed in a stranger’s house, but there was something about this family I couldn’t help but feel at ease around. Now was my chance to speak up and have Mel either come get me out of this town or hold my peace and accept that I was staying here with complete and utter strangers until my car was fixed. I took a deep breath in and pulled the phone down from my ear, looking at the picture of the damaged tree on the screen once more. It was weird and truly out of character, but I was going to stay. I put the phone back up to my ear and told Mel my decision.

“Like hell you are, I’m coming to get you right now. Give me the address,” she demanded.

“I’m fine here. This family, oddly enough, is genuinely kind, and I’ll be okay, honestly. I promise to call you every day, as soon as I find my phone that is,” I said, peering around my room wishing the damn thing would appear out of thin air.
 
“Are you serious, Cass?” she asked, sounding upset. “Can you rent a car maybe?”

I never thought about that, but with the town being as small as it is, I doubt they had one. “I have to use all the extra money I have to pay for the repairs on my car. I couldn’t afford one even if they did have a place.”

“So you’re staying with this family then? I don’t feel right about this.”

“I’m sure. I’ll be okay. You have Jason’s number. I called you on his phone remember?”

“Oh yes, and I intend to call it every day until you are back on the road,” she sassed. “What’s their last name? I need this information in case–in case of an emergency.”

 “It’s Bradley. I’ll call you tomorrow then?”

“I guess, Cass. You aren’t giving me any other choice,” she said, sounding defeated. “You okay otherwise?”

I knew where she was going with this question, and I was glad she asked in a roundabout way; I wasn’t ready to accept anything yet. “Eh, okay, I suppose. Not great, that’s for sure,” I told her the truth.

 “Okay, call me tomorrow love.” I told her I loved her and flipped the phone closed, placing it on the nightstand next to the bed.

A deep sigh escaped me, deflating my body as I weighed the decision I had just made. It was deeper than just waiting it out for my car and not wanting Mel to come pick me up. Not only did Mel have a life of her own to attend to without wasting a day to come and rescue my ass, but also something inside me made me want to stay here for other reasons. It could have been the kindness of Trish and Jason or the fact that I could be this lost girl around them and not have to worry about it. It didn’t hurt that Trish would be here to talk to if I wanted the chance to discuss my pregnancy with someone. She already knew what was going on and could be a lending shoulder, ear, or voice.


Perhaps it was something about their warm hearts and open arms that screamed to me because I missed having that in my life. I knew deep down in my core I was craving that sort of affection, and here it was, magically landing in my lap. I’d be a fool not to at least accept the attention and wait for my car, all the while, enjoying their company. I guess we would find out just how big of a fool I really was when all was said and done.





B.A. Wolfe is a girl with a passion for reading and writing, and lives in the good ol’ state of Colorado with her husband (her biggest cheerleader), and her two crazy min pin fur babies. These days, her life is anything but calm, and there isn’t one thing she’d want to change. B.A. spends all her free time either furiously typing 
stories on her laptop or happily reading through her endless TBR on her Kindle. Her list of favorites would be long enough to fll a book, but most would likely fall under the romance category. She is a sucker for a good love story that makes her cry, and an amazing book boyfriend who will melt her heart. ‘Away’ is B.A. Wolfe’s debut novel.


Facebook page link – http://on.fb.me/1n3wB0z
Goodreads link – http://bit.ly/1iW47si
Spotify - Away
Newsletter Sign up - http://bit.ly/1shuLwN
Away Discussion Group on Facebook - http://on.fb.me/1pXNM4W 


No comments:

Post a Comment