Thursday, August 21, 2014

Promo Witness to my Heart - Loni Flowers

Witness to my Heart 
By Loni Flowers

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Date of Publication: August 12, 2014
ISBN: 978-1500677626
ASIN: 1500677620 
Number of pages: 376
Word Count: 94,600

Amazon          Barnes & Noble       Smashwords

Blurb/Book Description:

Keep a low profile. That's what Abigale Peterson was supposed to do, especially when the person she was being protected from was one of the world's worst crime lords. After seven years in the Witness Protection Program, she felt no safer now than she did when she was seventeen. Revenge was rarely forgotten when it came to a professional criminal like Zerilli.

Low profiles meant no social life and definitely no love life.

Paranoia and lies became daily habits, going against everything Abigale believed in, but they kept her safe. They kept everyone safe.

Until a house fire puts her out of that safety and into the arms of a stranger. Max Smith is sexy, smart, and has major attitude. He’s the only one who seems to get her. He calms her fears and comforts her from her nightmares. But he also sees right through her lies.

Before Abigale can stop, she’s in too deep; confiding too much and breaking the one rule she promised herself to uphold: Never fall in love.




I tossed my phone in my bag and relayed the particulars to Max as I returned to the edge of the pond. Rain began to fall heavier, pelting the canopy above us, and creating large rings in the water. A few drops fell on me, but they felt cool on my overheated, sticky skin and I welcomed them.
“Well, we might as well pack it up,” Max said, sounding disappointed. “She’s getting in the car with him now. Plus, I don’t think the rain is going to let up. The clouds are getting darker.”
I turned toward him. “Not just yet. I love listening to it, especially now, when it hits the leaves. The steady rhythm is very peaceful.” Larger drops started to penetrate the branches, but I ignored it, as well as my dress, which was getting wetter by the minute. I leaned my head back, spread my arms out, and twirled in the rain like I always wanted to do. It felt wonderfully cool on my face. I giggled at my silly behavior, but didn’t care how childish I was acting. “I really am going to miss days like this… and places like this.”
“I know you’ve heard me say this before, but you do have a choice, Abi. No one can make you do anything you don’t want to do…. You know, like leave this place?”
I stopped and peered down at him. “I’m sure it seems like a reasonable choice when you’re not the one having to make it or knowing the reasons behind it.”
“Maybe I could understand better if you told me.”
“You probably would, but it’s still not going to happen.” My hair stuck to the sides of my face and my dress became heavier as the wet fabric clung to my skin. Max didn’t seem fazed by the rain anymore than I, and his eyes followed me as I continued to dance around.
He uncrossed his ankles and sat up straighter. “Can I be blunt with you right now?”
I stopped and stepped closer to hear what he was about to say. “When are you not blunt?”
“Would it change your mind if I said I didn’t want you to leave?”
Snatching a leaf from a branch, I pretended to find it more interesting than our conversation. We were heading down a path I didn’t want to travel.
“It would only change how I feel, and make it that much harder to leave, but I’d still have to go.” It was about as close to the truth as I could get. I smirked, peering back at him. “You’re not doing a very good job at being blunt,” I added, stepping closer and wondering where he was going to take this.
“I don’t want to go back to St. Louis. There’s nothing for me there. I’d be more than happy to stay around here and see how things pan out.”
“Bluntness, Max. I thought you wanted to be direct here? I’m still not feeling it. What do you want to say?”
I knelt down on my knees in front of his feet on the edge of the blanket, dangerously closer, and intended to press a few more of those buttons he had under his skin. But I couldn’t tear my eyes away from him when the rainwater dripped off the strands of his hair, rolling down his cheeks and neck. Max’s white shirt stuck to his skin like tape, revealing the black ink of his tattoos as it became transparent. My hair was soaked, and rain droplets fell over my shoulders and down my back as well as from the tips of my hair. The rain increased, pelting the canopy above, and soaking us both to the bone.
“How about if I tell you not to leave. And you tell me exactly what’s going on; and no matter what it is, or how bad it was, I promise to protect you. Is that the kind of bluntness you want to hear?” He licked the rain off his lips.
“You’re not being blunt now; you’re giving orders.”
His sultry grin made his dimple pop and I watched his eyes lazily sweep the length of me. “We’re both drenched and you look incredibly sexy right now. So we better go.”
Yes, I was definitely pushing his buttons. “I’m waiting, Max. Come out with it. Say what you really want to say. Why hold back now?” He stared at me a moment, and his caramel eyes contemplated my words.
“I want you, Abi. Every part of you. The good parts, the ugly parts. All the parts that you’re too scared to share with me. I want it all. From the first moment I laid eyes on you, I’ve wanted you. I may be the craziest person on this planet, but I’d move clear across the country if it meant I could spend some more days with you.” His fingertip traced my jaw. “Is that blunt enough for you?”







Author Bio:

Loni Flowers lives in Eastern North Carolina with her husband; two daughters, who never slow down for a second; and her couch-potato dogs, who only raise an eye when foods around. She spends her days working a full-time professional job and when Loni isn't there, you can find her playing on the internet. Chatting on Twitter and Facebook are her weaknesses! She loves to read….any genres, but she's a definite sucker for a good romance story!
Contemporary romance is her writing genre of choice, but she's not opposed to writing something different should an excellent idea strike.

Some of Loni's favorite authors include: Kristan Higgins, Darynda Jones, Jill Shalvis,  L.J. Kentowski, Stefne Miller, Cassandra Clare, J.K. Rowling, and Karen Marie Moning, Nicholas Sparks, and Mae Clair... just to name a few.





No comments:

Post a Comment