Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Turn Up the Heat - Kimberly Kincaid

Kindle
Nook
Romance
There are only so many times a girl can hear those words before she believes that it is, in fact, very much her. Unexpectedly jilted by her locally famous boyfriend and haunted by a boss who makes Attila the Hun look like a lap dog, Bellamy Blake does what any self-respecting girl in her shoes would do. She rounds up her two best girlfriends and makes plans to get the hell out of Dodge.

But Bellamy's escape plan takes a nose dive on the side of rural route 164 when her transmission self-destructs, leaving her in the middle of a cell phone dead zone with nothing but her wits. Oh, and Shane Griffin, the hottest mechanic who's ever checked under her hood.

Yet this small-town man isn't all he seems. Can Shane and Bellamy prove that sometimes the most unlikely ingredients make the most deliciously sexy mix?



First thoughts after
I can't wait for the next book!

How distracted did I get?
Turn Up the Heat is a fun romantic read.  I enjoyed reading as Shane and Bellamy's relationship grew slowly throughout the book.  Bellamy is fun and realistic in her insecurities and strengths.  Shane is a mysterious hottie mctottie mechanic.  I loved reading his point of view and knowing what he was thinking.  Jenna and Holly as Bellamy's bff's are a blast.  They are definitely good comic relief.  I hope to see more of them in the series.
I give Turn Up the Heat

.5

4.5 Baskets

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I can't wait to read this one. I really like her other series so have been looking forward to trying this one. Glad you enjoyed it Tobi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna I would be surprised if you didn't love it! This is my first Kimberly Kincaid book and I LOVED it!!!

      Delete