Friday, May 16, 2014

Beside Your Heart - Mary Whitney

Kindle
Nook
New Adult Romance
Late one night Nicki Johnson plays with emotional fire and Googles her high school love, only to find his name splashed across the British gossip columns. Back in his native England, Adam Kincaid is successful and dating a woman from an aristocratic family like his own. With a career in politics, Nicki’s no slouch, but she knows Adam is living a world away from her life.

Yet there was a time he was no farther than the next locker. Nicki will never forget their year together in high school—the year of her sister’s death, the year her mother checked out. Adam helped Nicki through suffocating grief, and she led him through a coming of age. Was it just high school, or was it something more?




First thoughts after
I'm going to be anxious to get to the next book until it comes up in my tbr!

How distracted did I get?
Beside Your Heart, wow, there's so much I could say.  It's an amazing, emotional, and sweet.  Nicki has been through hell.  She lost her sister in a car accident and she's emotionally trying to survive. Her family all has different ways with grief she has to learn to deal with. She has the strength unlike any other and a forgiving heart.  Adam, wow, I have a thing for foreign accents and I just imagined sitting and listening to him and his family talk.  He was sweet and caring though at times like with most men, I wanted to smack him upside the head from time to time.  LOL And yes I had "insomnia" for 3 nights because I didn't want to put my kindle down. I can't wait to be able to dig in to Disclosure of the Heart!  
I give Beside Your Heart….


5 baskets!

A copy of this book was gifted by Omnific Publishing for an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look! I gasped. And your rating graphics are so fun. I have to add this one to my TBR list. Book insomnia, enough said.

    ReplyDelete