Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Three Daves - Nicki Elson

Kindle
Nook
New Adult Romance
A copy of the ebook was provided by Omnific Publishing for an honest review 
Jennifer Whitney was the last American virgin. At least that’s what she felt like in 1986 as she began her sophomore year at Central Illinois University. She was proud of her decision to wait for the right guy, and yet she was getting restless. It seemed like everyone around her was doing it... and having fun doing it, too. She didn’t want to become the campus slut or anything, but surely there was a difference between a trashy skank and a nice girl with a little experience. Perhaps it was time to stop relying on fate to guide her and instead take matters into her own hands. And with that realization, Jen decided to find “the one” and lose her virginity, although not necessarily in that order... 






First thoughts after
Good ending but I'm still left wanting to find out more about the future…

How distracted did I get?
Three Daves is a different kind of romance, different but in a good way.  I've never related to a character more.  Not in all ways but in some.  Jen goes through the usual college crises through the story.  At one point I had a hard time getting through some of the story because of how Jen was being treated.  The Three Daves I loved one, hated one and one got on my nerves at times.  Don't want to give away a story but you know there's always got to be a bad boy! ;) I felt the story was extremely realistic with the exception of a thing or two. Teen/early 20's angst is fascinating and I enjoyed identifying with several songs and shows that are mentioned.

I give Three Daves….



4 baskets!!!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if my message showed up, so trying again:

    One Dave was my fave, and I'm glad Jen ended up with him! Great review.

    ReplyDelete