Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Selection - Kiera Cass

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

$7.99 On Kindle

First thoughts after.....
April 23rd is a long time to wait!  I'm glad I waited to buy it til now!

How Distracted did I get???
The Selection is my first Dystopian book!  AND I LOVED IT!  I love America and I want her hair.  And Prince Maxon!  I may have a new book boyfriend!  So sweet!  TEAM MAXON that's me!  LOL  Anyhooo  The Selection is a fascinating story the sucks you right in and holds on to the end.  It's so good it still doesn't let go at the end and you're dying for The Elite!  There is teen angst, girl drama and a dreamy prince!  Even though I'm visiting family this weekend I still managed to finish the story in 2 days.  Of course they had all their devices out and I had my laptop and hardback of The Selection!  Poor Tracie Banister had to deal with my emotions through the book!  However, now we have a buddy to discuss THE ELITE when it comes out!

I give The Selection.........

5 Baskets!!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL So glad you liked the book and are Team Maxon, Tobi. I'm telling you, it won't be that bad waiting for The Elite. We only have about five weeks until the prequel novella, The Prince comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It needs tocome out NOW!
    Ahh I'm so excited about the Elite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book!! If you need more Dystopian recs, let me know. YA Dystopia is a weakness of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may do that but probably toward summer! ;) I'll be reading quite a bit for tours here soon! LOL

      Delete