Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rita Hayworth's Shoes - Francine LaSala

$2.99 on Kindle
Amy Miller gets dumped on her wedding day and everyone knows it's for the best as her relationship with David had eaten away at her for years. Except for Amy... When her best friend, Jane Austen-Rabinowitz, and Jane's sagacious six-year-old daughter, Zoe, convince Amy to treat herself to an extravagantly priced, super-cute pair of shoes, which purportedly once belonged to a siren of the silver screen, she balks at first, but their allure soon wears her down. Once they are hers, her life turns around. She gets refocused on her career and meets a true kindred spirit, the also-jilted English professor, Decklin Thomas. She's not attracted to Deck at first. But when circumstances lead to them spending more time together, they bond, and Amy starts to believe she may have found her soul mate. But when Deck's former wife goes missing, again, the perfect romance may not be what it seems...

Sparkly and witty as a 1940s screwball comedy, and filled with quirky characters and lots of delightful surprises, Rita Hayworth's Shoes is a story of bouncing back, a heartwarming and potentially heartbreaking romance, and even a mystery rolled into one fun, hilarious page-turner!






First thoughts after...
I would like a sequel please...

How distracted did I get?
Rita Hayworth's Shoes is a quirky interesting story that had me wrapped up until the end.  Amy the main character drove me absolutely nuts, however the quirky secondary characters make up for the driving of the nuts!  LOL  She's a good girl who makes not so smart decisions.  Book smart but no common sense... Not every book needs the perfect strong lady lead.   Decklin, well let's just say I have a thing for tall bald men! ;)  (hubs is 6'4" and shaved head)  As mentioned before the various quirky secondary characters totally made the book for me.  They all had unwavering love and support of Amy and their own eccentricities I LOVED!  I managed to make a homemade Chinese Meal for the boys before work but was going crazy wondering how the story would end.  Rita Hayworth's Shoes is a fast paced, fun story I was unable to put down for very long.
I give Rita Hayworth's Shoes........


4 Baskets

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the review! Loved the Deckster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous review ~ sounds like just my kind of read, I'll add this to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete