Monday, June 22, 2015

Hottie McTottie/ Forever, Phoenix - Katie Mettner



Meet a new Hottie McTottie on the scene, Detective Adam Erwin of the Cloquet Police Department!




Releasing June 26, 2015!

The last time Phoenix Korby saw Adam Erwin was six years ago, when he waved goodbye to her; a new diploma in one hand, and her heart in the other. Now, six years later, she finds him standing on her doorstep, forced by fate to be her hero.

The last time Adam Erwin saw Phoenix Korby was in his rearview mirror, as he drove away from her, their hometown, and the ghosts that haunted him. Now, six years later, his first official assignment as Detective Adam Erwin of Cloquet

PD has him staring into her sad brown eyes once again. What he sees in the shadows of her heart gives him hope he can resurrect from the ashes the only thing he has ever wanted, her love.
Caught up in a dangerous game of cat and mouse, Phoenix and Adam must work quickly to find her best friend. When bullets start flying, and people start dying, Phoenix knows Adam will protect her from the bad guys, while he tries to steal her heart.
When the danger fades and life returns to normal, Adam wants Phoenix back in his life. What he doesn’t know is that Phoenix has one final secret, and it’s destroying her from the outside in. A wig, a wedding and a wish must work in harmony to bring Adam and Phoenix together, forever.




Excerpt:

“Are you cold?” I asked as we got into deeper water.
She tucked her legs into the water and paddled it a little bit. I could still stand, but she couldn’t feel the bottom under her feet.
“No, why?” she asked.
I grinned and came up behind her, holding her with my one arm while I rubbed my hand over her breasts. Her nipples were hardened buds from the cold water, and she half moaned, half laughed when she caught my drift.
“I might be a little cold,” she giggled.
“Want me to warm you up?”
“What did you have in mind? A nice hot shower?”
I kissed the back of her neck, my hand working its way past the tiny string to massage her full breast. “Not exactly.”
“Erwin, there might be people around here,” she whispered, but it turned into a moan halfway through.
I lowered us in the water a little bit more so we just looked like we were embracing. “No one around for miles, Sweets. Don’t even bother trying to scream; no one will hear you.” She groaned and I put my mouth next to her ear. “Better yet, go ahead and scream; no one will hear you.”
“You aren’t playing fair,” she cried the third time I gently pinched her nipple between my fingers.
“You’re right, I’m not, but I can’t give both of them the attention they deserve because I have to hold you above water with my other arm,” I explained logically, as that hand slipped inside her bikini bottoms.
“I’ve never made love in the water before,” she squeaked, and I laughed softly next to her ear.
“You’ve never made love before, period. We aren’t going to do it now either, but I am going to keep showing you how much I want to.”
She had her head resting on my shoulder, her eyes squeezed tightly together. I could feel my own pain throbbing under the water and I knew she could feel it, too. “You know what you do to me, right?”
She nodded her head and I snuck a kiss to the inside of her neck, and then nipped it with my teeth.
“You’re mine, you know that right?”
She turned her lips to mine and I kissed them before biting down on her lower lip until she whimpered. “I’ve always been yours,” she cried out as my hand inside her bikini, started to squeeze her mound.
“And you always will be,” I promised. I kissed her neck and ear while my hand kept a steady rhythm between her legs. After just a few more moments, she threw her head back and sighed. She shuddered in my arms while she writhed against me with her bottom until I lost control of my own restraint. I gave into the need I had been holding back for weeks, moaning her name softly while I released.




Forever Phoenix is a wonderful companion/sequel to Winter's Rain.  I enjoyed every second of the story from Phoenix and Adam's POV and get a bit of an extension on the story.  Phoenix has her struggles in life that cause her to keep everyone at arms length with the exception of her best friend Winter.  When Adam swoops back in he starts to discover her secrets slowly.  Adam knows she's hiding things but this hottie mctottie is patient and waits her out to discover everything that makes Phoenix, Phoenix.  As Adam and Phoenix learn true love prevails and beauty is more than skin deep. I give Forever Phoenix....

 5 baskets!





Katie Mettner writes inspirational romance from a little house in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. She's the author of the four part epic family saga, The Sugar Series, Sugar's Song being runner up for sweet romance in the eFestival of Words contest. Her other romance series, The Northern Lights Series and the
Snowberry Holiday Series, are both set in Minnesota and are a mix of new adult and romantic suspense. Katie lives with her soulmate, whom she met online at Thanksgiving and married in April. Together they share their lives with their three children and two leopard geckos. After suffering an especially bad spill on the bunny hill in 1989, Katie became an amputee in 2011, giving her the much needed time to pen her first novel, Sugar's Dance. With the release of Sugar's story, Katie discovered the unfilled need for disabled heroes and heroines! Her stories are about empowering people with special circumstances to find the one person who will love them because of their abilities, not their inabilities. Katie has a slight addiction to Twitter and blogging, with a lessening aversion to Pinterest now that she quit trying to make the things she pinned.



Find all of Katie’s books on Amazon
Read about more of Katie's adventures as an amputee writer at Katiemettner.com
Follow Katie on Twitter
Come chat with Katie on Facebook
Katie would love to see you on TSU
Are you a Pinner? Pin with Katie at Sugarsballroom


No comments:

Post a Comment