Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What Kills Me - Wynne Channing

$.99 on Kindle
$2.99 on Nook
  The fight for survival begins.

An ancient prophecy warns of a girl destined to cause the extinction of the vampire race.

So when 17-year-old Axelia falls into a sacred well filled with blood and emerges a vampire, the immortal empire believes she is this legendary destroyer. Hunted by soldiers and mercenaries, Axelia and her reluctant ally, the vampire bladesmith Lucas, must battle to survive.

How will she convince the empire that she is just an innocent teenager-turned bloodsucker and not a creature of destruction? And if she cannot, can a vampire who is afraid of bugs summon the courage to fight a nation of immortals?





First thoughts after.....
I need more Lucas...seriously, he is major crush worthy!  I'm talking up there with Daemon!

How Distracted Did I get?
From beginning to end What Kills Me had me swept up and in love with the story.  A safe but spunky Zee wanting more out of her life.  Letting her "wild" side out.  She's like me at that age.  Her wild time is sneaking out with a cute boy!  LOL  Lucas, Lucas, Lucas....such a tough guy.  Fights with swords better than others older than him and fights for his family.  Did I mention crush worthy?  What Kills Me was so good I was up until 1 am last night and back to reading when I woke with the twins at 6:45.
I give What Kills Me.......


5 Baskets!!!

Advertisement

-->

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the great review Tobi! The sequel is out later this year :-) so there will be more Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover...but falling into a well and becoming a vampire? I just don't know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fascinating I love the different versions of Vampires and mythology about them! It's worth a shot. :)

      Delete